At Semple, Marchal & Cooper, LLP, our team of professionals is dedicated to benefit plan compliance. Our team takes a proactive approach that helps avoid ERISA and/or Department of Labor violations.
Why leave this important task to your corporate auditors when you can pay the same amount for a team of professionals who specialize in benefit plan audits? We are serious about our role as independent auditors of benefit plans.
How to navigate benefit plan audits
As employee benefit plans continue to grow in complexity, let our Firm steer you. We understand that your Plans' operations are carried out by many internal departments and third party service providers, yet overall fiduciary responsibility lies with the officers of the plan who are not necessarily involved in the day-to-day operations of the plan. We understand these complexities and can lead the way.
An employee benefit plan audit is not merely the substantiation of financial statements, but must also address the operations of the plan. It also helps assess whether the plan is operating in accordance with the plan document and amendments.
Hallmarks of our approach
We provide continuity of service that is unmatched in the industry. Specifically, our team delivers:
- Dedicated employee benefit plan professionals
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP and ERISA requirements
- Truly independent review and insight
- Significant understanding of how to mitigate risks and adhere to regulatory requirements
- Methodical approach that results in timely filing of Form 5500s without last minute fire drills
- Continuity from year to year to enhance efficiencies
- Integration and constant communication with compensation and benefits professionals